"If I'd only thought of something charming to say... this is the sound of settling."

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Crossroads


When I look at this picture I imagine a stranded 
tourist wandering the streets
of a foreign city hopeless. Not knowing
where to turn because he doesn't 
know the language, when he looks around all he sees 
is the same looking buildings, then out of 
desperation he looks to heavens and sees the image 
of a cross above him reminding him that 
the Lord is the good Shepherd always watching over him. 

The Lord is my Shepherd...
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
He leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul:
He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name' sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: For thou art with me.

In life there are so many crossroads that we cross. 
To stay or to leave? 
Tough it out or give up?
Keep going or to stop?
When you make a decision that you felt 
was necessary no matter how hard it seemed and
it doesn't work out how things were promised or you 
how you imagined it makes sticking to that decision so difficult!!!
But I know that my Shepherd will lead me through
my valley of the shadow of death. 
In the end it will be alright. 
Just keep swimming!

No comments:

Post a Comment