"If I'd only thought of something charming to say... this is the sound of settling."

Monday, August 23, 2010

Timp


On Friday night I embarked on a most fascinating adventure!
I finally hiked to the top of Timp for sunrise.
Something I've been wanting to do for a long time. 
We started about midnight and it took us until about 4:00
to get to the top...
About 2 and a half hours before sunrise!
It was freezing up at the top and the wind was hollowing!
All of us had to huddle up with each other in a small little metal
hut just to keep warm.
Luckily I had worn jeans and brought a coat so I really wasn't that
cold but everyone else seemed miserable.
But I was amazed at how many people were hiking to the top that night.
The whole night the trail was just dotted with flashlights as hikers ascended to
the top.
It was a marvelous sight.
The sunrise was also just spectacular. 
A beautiful red glow dashed the morning sky just as the sun peeked over from
behind the mountains.
I didn't want to hike back down after it all. 
Just wanted to stay up at the top.
But on our way down it was amazing to me at how much we had missed in the dark.
The path was covered with amazing wild flowers on both sides, green everywhere!
It reminded me so much of Switzerland. 
Probably the closest I'll get to it without having to go back.
I can't wait to make that hike again!
This next weekend???
May have to be. 


No comments:

Post a Comment